Please review this letter AFTER today’s meet when you have leisure time. Sorry for its length. Thanks in advance for the consideration.
This summer is not over yet!
Let’s forge a relationship by:
a) Introducing you and your team to an exciting new aquatic game, SKWIM.
b) Empowering you to incorporate these tools and game-play in your program in future seasons.
Just contact me by text, email or a phone call, and I’ll send you more detailed explanations. Then we can consider our options and customize a tailored approach to your liking. My cell: 412-298-3432. Mark@SKWIMUSA.org.
Local swim programs have already enjoyed wonderful experiences in 2018. I want you and your athletes to become engaged too. We’ve been on-deck and had a great time (generally on multiple occasions) at the Greensburg Country Club, South Hills Country Club, Edgeworth Club in Sewickley, Montour Aqua Club, with a Y team, and throughout the city at various camps and public pools.
Nationally, I’ve been an invited speaker to podcasts and made trips to deliver presentations in Seattle to the Washington Parks & Rec Conference and to Napa, California, for the Pacific Swim Coaches Clinic.
Our fun approach to water safety with SKWIM is new, fun, authentic and purposeful. I hope to share these concepts and their digital badges with you soon so Pittsburgh can lead the nation in deploying these assets and realizing the benefits.
1. Let’s organize a no-cost clinic with your team at your pool this summer.
2. You (and your friends, lifeguards, board-members, guardians and swimmers) are invited to the city to participate in new, competitive, water safety events from August 6th to the 16th, as available openings remain.
3. New, scholastic water polo teams are forming now for both boys and girls, and both high school and middle school. Students from any school district can join Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo. Water polo happens in the fall sports season. As an expansion team and club sport, we’ll play a non-league schedule with practices and some games.
4. Pittsburgh’s adult / masters team, the Renegades, is accepting new (and old) water polo players. Monthly fees are $5.
5. Pittsburgh’s Underwater Hockey team is leading a drop-in clinic for anyone age 12 and older on Friday, August 10.
6. The Saturday Swim School can accommodate additional individuals and groups throughout the fall, winter and spring. Last year’s courses trained more than 100 new lifeguards.
7. On Saturday, September 1, 2018, Citiparks’ Highland Park Pool, is hosting NCAA Men’s Water Polo games (among W&J, PSU, Gannon, Mercyhurst). Spectators are invited and youngsters can sign-up for free clinic sessions with various college coaches and players.
Hopefully, you are interested and an email is sent soon.
412-298-3432 = cell
Last Updated on
Swim Team (documentary) is available for free viewing for a limited time
Four part strength training seminar with Dr. G.
Steve’s Zoom call(s), to cover 400 dry land exercises
Slide Deck proposal for Mr. Andrew Grobe of Allegheny County Parks for 2020 Summer activities at the swim pools
2020 Postal Meet Challenge for those in grades 8, 7, 6 and 5.
The Pgh JCC is hosting an indoor Triathlon
IPSL Meet for Ellis swimmers in 7th and 8th grade
Memo to those in the stands at the PPS swim meet for 4th and 5th graders
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.